Centralized Receiving and Distribution
Airports are like small cities with tight security. Because of that, it makes way more sense to have a secure, central facility away from the terminal where supplier trucks and parcel carriers deliver their goods. Then those consumables like food, beverages, magazines, and clothing are processed and delivered to the correct airport tenants every day.
Can you imagine it the other way? Hundreds of trucks delivering food to individual restaurants plus the retail and parcel delivery trucks would have to get clearance and clog up the behind-the-scenes traffic at the airport.
That’s where ALM comes in. We provide, manage and maintain a secured cross-docking facility for all Food & Beverage and Retail tenants.
A day in the life of “Centralized Receiving and Distribution”
Delivery to ALM:
- All vendors are set up on a receiving schedule.
- Every box that comes in is inspected, counted, and temperature taken (perishable foods).
- The receiving clerk stamps all invoices with a delivery time and date and record all information on the receiving logs.
- If potentially hazardous food and beverage items are received, all items will be handled according to Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Before delivery to tenants, each item goes through that airport’s security protocol.
- All orders delivered post-security are wrapped for security and safety.
- Trucks are loaded by location need for refrigeration.
- Where pallets are required, colored plastic pallets are used and wrapped for security.
Delivery to Tenants:
- All deliveries are made through access tunnels and back hallways where available.
- Tenants verify piece count at time of delivery.
- Vendor invoices are delivered with all items. Tenants check all orders against the invoice for accuracy.
- Once deliveries are accepted and delivery log signed, tenants are responsible for securing all goods.
- ALM provides timely and constant pick up of all delivery equipment and totes.
- All delivery containers have a final pick up time of 2pm. Tenants are responsible for making all items accessible to delivery personnel.
- ALM will provide pick up and recycling of kitchen grease. There will not be any additional charge for this service.
- ALM provides pick of other recycling needs including cardboard, glass, batteries, and light bulbs.
- ALM provides delivery and pick up of large items, equipment, and marketing displays.